Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Ruidoso Skiing {1.27-28.17}

I finally made it to the first post official post of 2017!!

Colby and I went to Ruidoso to go skiing and to enjoy the snow again...we love snow! I went on the small lifts, but also took the gondola to the top and went skiing on a green (it followed the road). The green  route was pretty much flat the whole way. It felt more like cross country skiing then actual skiing, poor Colby had to walk some parts, which was hilarious because his pregnant wife was "faster" than him. Skiing wears me out pretty quickly, so the rest of  the trip I rode the gondola up and down the mountain when  Colby went snowboarding. In all, we had a nice get away.
Ski Apache 





So this picture has a really funny story behind, but at the time it made me mad. So I was standing there waiting for Colby to show the people who were taking our picture how to work the camera. When he was done with instructions, he came over to me and tried to stand next to me, but instead he accidentally pushed me a little bit; which made me lose balance because literally right behind us the ground slopes down towards those trees right behind us. Since I was hooked in my skis I couldn't stop before the both of us were stuck in deep deep snow at the base of the trees behind us!! Then  I was mad and irritated at Colby and we had to set up again for the picture. The funny thing is the people had to wait for us to take the picture, all the while listening to a very irritated pregnant lady whom they didn't even know was pregnant because my huge coat was hiding my belly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment