Saturday, November 26, 2016

Surprise Announcement! {11.24.16}

We have some really exciting news!!!!! We are expecting our first child in April 2017! I can't believe it--it still feels so surreal. We found out in August about 3 weeks before we left for our Iceland Trip, which made me nervous because I didn't know how morning sickness would affect me, since this is my first pregnancy. However, my body had mercy on me and thankfully I did not get morning sickness. I have gotten sick a few times, but nothing consistently. I have been very blessed and hope and pray that my next pregnancies are this easy (so far).

Glacier Lagoon in Iceland! 
We are beyond excited and can't wait for April. I hope it goes by quickly! Over Thanksgiving break we had so many things to be thankful for, especially our little one. This past Monday Nov. 21, I had an ultrasound appointment to find out the gender of our sweet baby. We decided to be surprised and find out on Thanksgiving day with my family in Colorado. We had the sonogram tech put the gender in an envelope so that we could open it with the family. However, since nothing goes as planned, our sonogram tech was going through the pictures and accidentally showed me the gender reveal labeled picture, but thankfully Colby did not see it. Since I knew the gender I decided to make a gender reveal berry pie for Thanksgiving day. It was a success! Not only did the pie taste great, but Colby was very surprised!!! It was so fun to surprise him and our families. It was so hard not to tell anyone and keep it a secret especially when I was around my family and they were trying to make me slip up! But I succeeded and didn't accidentally say anything that would give it away! In the end with the polls between both our families, Girl had 15 votes and Boy had 12 votes - an almost even tie. 

Scroll down below to see our reactions and the strawberry pie! Just as a side note--the berry juices spilled out while the pie baked, so you could tell what the gender was before we cut into it. However, in the pictures it is hard to see.

My secret berry pie! I attempted to make a Turkey on the crust in the spirit of Thanksgiving. I think it turned out pretty well. 

He or She? Waddle It Be? 



It's a.......GIRL!!! I love Colby's reaction! He was so surprised because he thought it was a boy! I look like I was surprised too--even though I made the pie, but I am just super happy that everyone else knows, and that I don't have to keep it a secret anymore! 

He still cant believe it! 

We are soooooo HAPPY! 


It was a delicious  strawberry pie!!! Yum! 
Thanks for all your love and support. We can't wait for this sweet little girl to bless our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment