Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Visitors

This past weekend my dad dropped off my two younger sisters at BYU-Idaho. After he dropped them off and helped them get settled in he drove down to Utah to visit us. Not even an hour later after he left my younger sister called me on the phone because she was homesick. She tried calling my mom first, but could not get a hold of her, so she called me. It is her first semester of college ever and I completely understand how she feels. The very first time my dad dropped me off at college I bawled like a baby! I was excited for college life and being on my own, but when it was time to say goodbye I realized that I would forever only be a visitor at my parent's home from now on. Once college life began it meant a new chapter of just me. I would go to school, have roommates, and eventually graduate and have a career, which meant that when I saw my family for holidays, vacations, or camping etc. that is all it was-only a visit and then goodbye. And I did just that. I went to college, had roommates, graduated, but in between all of that I got married! Which has been the most rewarding decision of my life. I will not ever regret getting married to my best friend and spending eternity with him. Now of course, we are following his career which I do not mind at all! It gives me even better career options knowing I have a husband that will take care of me. Besides the sob story, I am so grateful that my earthly parents raised me the way I am. And it was so great to see my dad and my little brother (who joined my dad on the trip) and hang out with them.




I told him to pretend that he was going down the steepest and fastest hill....he did good :) 

Poppin wheelies while visiting grandma
Also, during the weekend Colby was able to do a small 2 day rafting trip down the Green River for some fishing. He said the views were beautiful, and the water was crystal clear. He didn't catch any fish, but he still had a good time.



Colby and I probably only have this one semester left being so close to the mountains that we are trying to enjoy them one last time (in between our busy schedules). So last week we went up to Provo canyon for a small BBQ and rode our bikes. It was the perfect time because not many people were there and it was at sunset! The river was beautiful as always and the weather splendid!


He has way better balance than I to be able to take this picture


Bridal Veil Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment