Thursday, September 25, 2014

Nature's Bounties

We have decided that since this is likely the last time we will EVER be living in Utah we needed to take advantage of our time here. We went to our first home BYU football game as a couple, which also happened to be my very first BYU football game ever in the stadium. It was really fun, but I still prefer watching basketball. We have also been taking hikes when we can. I was always nervous to go on hikes, but now that I have my trusty bear spray I feel way more comfortable. Unfortunately, they are not very long hikes because of our busy schedule, but they are out in nature just the same and we get to take in the beauty that surrounds us!

Our first hike takes us to Stewart Falls. Donny and Alyssa and baby R were able to come with us. The fall leaves were coming in and it was just gorgeous! 




Geology term: Creep - slow downslope movement. It causes the trees to bend. Pretty neat! 





Next, we drove up to Squaw Peak and really enjoyed the view of Utah Valley. Squaw Peak is supposedly known as a make-out spot, so we didn't pass up the opportunity. ;)

View from Squaw peak overlook


Different view from our "secret" spot ;) 

Last, but not least, we went to Red Ledges and the Sun-stone Arch. The arch is not completely formed, but in years to come I am sure it will become more prominent. After walking around, we made a fire and roasted hot dogs, and marshmallows! The stars were amazing! 


The Poduska family joined us for our little adventure! 




Not only do we have a little time for nature, but for attending the Provo Temple. This past Sunday the Ogden Temple was rededicated and President Monson gave three "sermonettes" that stood out to me. He said to "love the temple, appreciate the temple, and attend the temple". I love that! It is short and sweet, but really helps me remember how important temple work  is and that I have been so blessed by going and serving the Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment