Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend in Logan, Utah!!

This past weekend we went to Logan for General Conference and the BYU game! Troy and Aubree were so sweet to let us stay with them. It was nice to get to know Aubree better and her cooking is amazing and very, very yummy! We were totally spoiled! The BYU game had a great outcome; however, I could not get too excited and go crazy because I was in the student section for USU and they don't like BYU fans very much, but it was still so much fun!

On Saturday, after the morning session we took a drive up Logan canyon and made it to this beautiful lake. We saw some deer and did a little four-wheeling to make it to a little camp, and had a fire to roast hotdogs. Then, the boys did some mountain biking! I think they had fun. Aubree and I went to Deseret Book for Ladies Night and stayed for bit and looked around. They had some really good brownies with peppermint frosting.  I need to find this recipe because they were delicious!

Once we got home and the boys were finished with the Priesthood session we watched the movie "World War Z," which I do not suggest to anyone who doesn't like scary movies. I did not want to watch this movie, but gave into husband and brother-in-law peer pressure. Needless to say I did not enjoy it very much, and I made Colby hold me all night because Zombies are freaky!

Sunday was another great conference day and the talks were amazing! I can't wait to get the November Ensign, so I can reread them. Between the sessions we went over to the house that Troy and Aubree want to buy, but are still waiting to hear if they get it nor not. It was so cute and they definitely will have a lot more space and a bigger kitchen for Aubree to make her delicious food! We hope they get it! Colby also got to ride Troy's new motorcycle, a Kawasaki Ninja! He said it is super fast, like a ninja.

We drove back Sunday right after the last session. I wish we could have stayed longer. It was so good to see family!

Here are some pictures! I wish I had more of Troy and Aubree, but their pics are on their phones. We will get more next time!

The fall colors were beautiful in Logan, but of course these pictures don't capture it! 




This would have been a great picture if I had rolled down my window! 

Aubree and I rode the bikes for a bit, but we didn't actually mountain bike, and of course, we did not get a pic of the boys who did! 




No comments:

Post a Comment