Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Hazardous Halloween...

Sorry we didn't post anything last week.  I worked on a new post for about an hour, and then saved it, or so I thought.  As it turns out, everything was lost. After that, I just gave up and figured I would just write a blog for this week instead.  I will start with a quick summary of last week (of what I can remember):


We served for about 4 hours at the cannery in Idaho Falls canning chicken noodle soup for people in need around the world.  We were there from about 4:20-8:30pm.  It was a lot of fun.  MyKel and I were in charge of making the broth.  I can still remember the ingredients: 42 pounds of chicken soup base, 12 pounds of salt, all poured into a 60 gallon pot of water.  I was in charge of putting together the ingredients and dumping them in the pot, while MyKel controlled all of the buttons and levers (the complicated stuff).






On Saturday night, we went to a ward activity.  MyKel was Dorothy and I was the tin man (wrapped up in tin foil) from the Wizard of Oz.  It was a lot of fun.  Later that night, we went to Greg and Nancy's to carve pumpkins.  I carved a cyclops pumpkin, and MyKel cleaned a big pumpkin out for the pumpkin soup that Nancy would make for Sunday dinner (which was SUPER GOOD!).  MyKel was mostly just excited about baking the pumpkin seeds.


Follow the Yellow Brick Road! 

Halloween was a good day for us.  We went up to the Hazard's again and took some of their candy.  Then I tried to scare some of the little kids, but I wasn't very successful, so I just put a wig over my entire head and made weird noises at the door while passing out candy.  

Cyclops Pumpkin!


Yesterday we worked for a few hours in the geology lab.  We both have jobs reorganizing the entire lab and a ton of geology publications.  I actually enjoy it, but I am not sure MyKel does.  She isn't as interested in all the articles and pictures that we stumble across as I am.  Later on, we went to the temple and then attended the Golden Dragon Acrobats show, which was completely and utterly incredible!  We couldn't believe some of the stuff that they did.  Our hearts were pounding the whole time, and we were hoping that nobody would die. Thankfully nobody did, so in the end, we really enjoyed the show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment